S Health Health Services installation error

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have not used the S Health in awhile and noticed that the Pedometer on my GG S is more accurate which now makes me want to use the app again.

I go to update the S Health app and then it tells me that I need to add the Health Services App. When I go to install the Health Services App, I get an error message that says Installation Failed. Try Later (-24). When I click OK, it and try to go back into the S Health app, it goes through the same exact cycle.

I have tried to clear the Cache and Data. I have tried to uninstall the S Health app and restore it back to the factory version. I have also tried to shut the phone off and take the battery out and then go back into the app and try ti again and get the same error message and the same road block.

Any ideas?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any problem updating myself, but did you make sure you are logged into your samsung account? Open Galaxy apps and make sure you are logged in there. That may not be the issue for you, but that can be a problem for some apps, so just something to check.

On a side note, I regret updating the app myself because it took away the feature to be able to manually add your own exercise workouts. However, if you are only using the pedometer, the pedometer still works the same.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any problem updating myself, but did you make sure you are logged into your samsung account? Open Galaxy apps and make sure you are logged in there. That may not be the issue for you, but that can be a problem for some apps, so just something to check.

On a side note, I regret updating the app myself because it took away the feature to be able to manually add your own exercise workouts. However, if you are only using the pedometer, the pedometer still works the same.

Ok. Well that answers it. I use MyFitnessPal and my Fitbit. i like the integration but was hoping that S Health would be improved. So, now I will just wait for an update further down the road that will give me the flexibility to manually add my workouts.

Btw, I did it both as signing in and not signing in and error message still came up

wzh2hz

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like to use the S Health app on my note 3. I also get the "Installation Failed. Try Later (-24)". I have tried all of the solutions mentioned here with no luck. Has anyone solved this situation. Thank you.

SAWeaver71

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a Chat with Samsung yesterday. They said they had no record of the error. After about an hour of trying to fix the error, they told me to take it to BestBuy for a tech to try to fix it. I think they have no idea what to do.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.... just a heads up. Had the same problem with S Health as the OP. Just 2 days after I received the VZW 4.4.4 update I tried updating the app and it worked. No fails or -24 or -11! Try again. Peace

Posted via Android Central App

jonjon87

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

So I had the (-11) & (-24) issue also. I lost all of my user data in s health trying to get it to work. I started checking daily to see if the problem was rectified, and yesterday the galaxy store says that it didn't exist. Any word of like a replacement? I just wanted to use it with my gear fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishbillaros