Courtenay Dawn

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been wanting to use S Health on my phone to track steps but I'm wondering how does it work, do I need location on and does it constantly use my data?

Any information would be helpful! :)

Posted via the Android Central App - SM-G900W8

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It uses very little data to sync your stats and I think you need to log in with your Samsung account. Location is on only if you want it to track your running/walking route. I used it for a while and it was fine and no noticeable data usage. So, go for it! The step counter widget will get you to move more to, at least meet the daily goals...

Posted via the Android Central App

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
The S5 keeps track of your steps all the time. If you touch either Google Fit or S Health, you'll see your steps. I like Google Fit better because it has a widget that shows you your steps any time without having to touch anything. I use S Health only on those rare occasions when I want to see my heart rate.

tomwert

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
My S5 had an original Version of S Health on it. this worked for jogging training very well. Recently Samsung pressed for an update to a new Version S Helath. I tried it but must say: full crapp. I deaktivated the app and have installed Runtastic instead. Sorry to Samsung, but new Version are not always better, in this case rely worse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id