S-Pen insertion not recognized unless I press very hard.

dotancohen

Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
Recently my Note 10 Lite stopped recognizing the S-Pen when I insert it, unless I press very hard. Only when using much force to insert the pen, well after it is seated at the proper depth, does the phone give the small vibration notice that the S-Pen is in place.

I've taped a cotton swab to a thin long screw to clean out the S-Pen hole, a bit of dirt came out but actually less than I was expecting. I also blew it out with compressed air then cleaned again with a new swab, no difference. Though I'm currently using an aftermarket S-Pen, I've tried with an official Samsung S-Pen from my daughter's Note 10 Lite (exact same phone) and the results are the same. The S-Pen, whether aftermarket or Samsung, is recognized only if I press very hard after it is seated.

Note that the operation of the S-Pen works fine. All applications that I use with the S-Pen work perfectly. It is only the seating of the S-Pen in the S-Pen hole that is problematic.

dotancohen

Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
Try using a can of compressed air see if you can clean it out little more and use a flash light to anything further.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks. In the end I wound up peeling the back cover off. In this video you can see a black rubber pad above the S-Pen sensor, mine was missing. I suppose that after a screen replacement last year the tech forgot to put it back. So I put a sponge there, and now the sensor works a little better, but not 100%. There's also more friction now to keep the pen in place.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNPRomlEgQ