S U files

baja141

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys first time trying to root my thunberbolt using Revolutionary . the S.U files in the video on you tube the guy talking about where do I get those. Need help

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you flashed the Revolution recovery at last step of installation it should have placed the SU installation on sd card root and all you need to do was boot into recovery and flash it like the rom...

Power off device and then power into bootloader (Volume Down and Power until white bootloader screen)
? Select Bootloader / Recovery (Up and Down arrows to select and power to enter)
? Once in Recovery select Install zip for SD Card / choose zip from card/su_2.3.6.3_efgh_signed.zip

baja141

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
No in the video on You tube he has that S.U file as a zip file on his computer and he put it on the S.D card thats the file I am looking for

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No in the video on You tube he has that S.U file as a zip file on his computer and he put it on the S.D card thats the file I am looking for

I used Revolution and the zip is on sdcard not pc, open file browser on phone and in the root you will see su zip file.

If you still didn't find it the updated su file is attached...

attachment.php

Last edited:

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
When I did it you had to download the su zip separately and move it to your sd card, then flash it after you install recovery. Revolutionary does not install su for you.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
When I did it you had to download the su zip separately and move it to your sd card, then flash it after you install recovery. Revolutionary does not install su for you.

SU was not on my sdcard until I installed Revolution, at the end it ask to download a file and this is the su file on sd card, I never downloaded SU but it showed up after installation. If you replied No to download the file on the last step you will have to download it yourself but if you said Yes it automatically downloads it to sdcard..

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
SU was not on my sdcard until I installed Revolution, at the end it ask to download a file and this is the su file on sd card, I never downloaded SU but it showed up after installation. If you replied No to download the file on the last step you will have to download it yourself but if you said Yes it automatically downloads it to sdcard..

Hmm... That's strange. Maybe they updated it to flash su now? Not sure. It flashed cwmr for me but I had to download and flash su myself.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... That's strange. Maybe they updated it to flash su now? Not sure. It flashed cwmr for me but I had to download and flash su myself.

This could be possible because I used the latest release, maybe they tried to make it simple for users.. I just know I didn't make a flash version for SU so if the installation didn't do it I need to know if other apps placed it there.