S10 won't download or view PDFs from websites when using Google internet.

David 18

Jul 19, 2022
Visit site
If I use the Google search bar to identify then open a website viewing PDFs or downloading them doesn't work. The screen flashes and that's all. You can't view them and they are not in any download folder. However if you then tap the 3 dots at the top of screen and then view in Chrome, viewing PDFs or downloading them works fine. Also I've noticed trying to open some links via Google results in error 404. Viewing in Chrome works fine.Whether I use Samsung Internet or Chrome makes no difference.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Check that the Google app has permission to access Storage. If this is denied, that may be why your PDF isn't downloading.

David 18

Jul 19, 2022
Visit site
Thanks. Google has file access permission so has into be something else. Note you can't even view the PDF. Note also links from Google search don't always work whereas they do in Crome. So it looks to be something in Google. It's really annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I just tested it on my Pixel 6 Pro (using the site on Adobe.com titled "PDF BOOKMARK SAMPLE") and it worked fine -- it immediately downloaded the file.

Try clearing the app cache/data for the Google app in Settings>Apps​, then force closing it. Now open again and try it.