S20 trade in for Note 20?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I just got the S20 for $855 after tax about a month ago and like virtually everything about the phone, except for one thing-- the battery. Im getting poor battery performance even with light usage. I take it with me when I go somewhere as my daily driver, but when I'm qt home, I use my S9 to do things like game and watch YouTube and Netflix because the battery on my S20 is sapping at a rate that is reminiscent of the s6--which was quite pitiful. 3 hours screen on time is all im managing with this s20 before it drops down to the 20% mark i set as the threshold to put on charger.

Note 20 from what I understand is supposed to have a much bigger battery and should get more than 10 hours total, 3hrs screen on time on one charge. Do you think i could get much of a discount by trading my S20 in on a Note 20 deal?

If i do try the note 20 and end up with similar battery experience, I may do what I never thought I'd try and go with an iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 pro.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You should get some battery stats , from device care, accubattery from 100 to 20 percent, possible a app issue, my note 10+ gets all day battery plus 10 SOT easy so not saying yours should get that but much better then what your getting for sure .

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
You should get some battery stats , from device care, accubattery from 100 to 20 percent, possible a app issue, my note 10+ gets all day battery plus 10 SOT easy so not saying yours should get that but much better then what your getting for sure .

Yeah ill run a more intensive gamut tomorrow and see hust exactly where my s20 stands. I know we can use things like power save mode, but i feel like doing that all the time waters down the experience with the phone.

Id like to think based on the spec sheet, this phone should be capable of 15 hours overall and 5+ hours screen on time, but so far, I'm not even coming near to close to that. Kind of a bummer for a $855 phone. I can leave the phone untouched all night, and it'll still lose 30-40% just in stand by.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah ill run a more intensive gamut tomorrow and see hust exactly where my s20 stands. I know we can use things like power save mode, but i feel like doing that all the time waters down the experience with the phone.

Id like to think based on the spec sheet, this phone should be capable of 15 hours overall and 5+ hours screen on time, but so far, I'm not even coming near to close to that. Kind of a bummer for a $855 phone. I can leave the phone untouched all night, and it'll still lose 30-40% just in stand by.
Let's see we can find anything when you report back, I agree you should be getting better battery without power saving, I use that only when I know ill be away from a charger for awhile.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I can leave the phone untouched all night, and it'll still lose 30-40% just in stand by.

If you're loosing battery like that in stand-by something isn't standing by. All of the reviews I watched said the battery while big wasn't overly impressive however none of them mentioned numbers like this.

I actually thought I was going to pop in here and see something about the camera. As far as deals go, I'm usually the last to hear about anything good and then only once it's gone. LOL. I was surprised to hear that they were doing 50% of the S10 towards the S20 and I would imagine they would do the same with an S20 towards the Note 20, which might put an S20 owner upside down in the deal. Guess it depends on how you look at it.

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Just ran my phone through a 45 minute gaming session on call of duty mobile. Went from 65% to 47%. Does that seem alright for gaming?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Intensive games can , as well as Google duo or video apps

Ok so that eliminates that as a culprit. Id really like to hang on to this s20as it is an awesome phone. Hopefully I can keep weeding things out and find what's causing the abnormal battery drain and remove it if it's an app causing it.

Still going to keep the note 20 on the table though if I do continue to experience poor battery performance

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I just watched a video on the Note 20(not the note 20 ultra) and if i traded my s20 in, I would actually be downgrading in many ways. No 120hz and only a FHD+ display. So I'll probably just hold onto my S20.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so that eliminates that as a culprit. Id really like to hang on to this s20as it is an awesome phone. Hopefully I can keep weeding things out and find what's causing the abnormal battery drain and remove it if it's an app causing it.

Still going to keep the note 20 on the table though if I do continue to experience poor battery performance
Yeah definitely keep checking, also fast way to see if a app issue is monitoring it in safe mode for few ho u ran if you can

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Note 20 Ultra in Indonesia is a huge joke...the highest version is the 8/512...8GB of RAM and 512GB of ROM...for USD$1379...and we get the crappy Exynos version...whereas the S20 Ultra with 12/128 costs USD$1137...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I would stay with the S20, for the first time in years the note doesn't look that great I guess everything went into the Z fold 2

Well as the thread approaches a month old and no real indication from the poster what they did or how they were leaning, even though they posted that they felt like it would be somewhat of a downgrade, I'd have to agree, staying with the S20 wouldn't be such a bad idea. I mean if anyone really wanted to get a bit more out of the usage time, there is always the different levels of battery saver modes as well as reduction in screen resolution.