S22 Ultra battery life a downgrade from the S21 Ultra??

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
S21 most likely has conditioned to the battery; S22 are most likely not conditioned. Prefer to see a post after the S22s have been out for a few weeks. If S21s still beat them out;so be it. But will it affect all?

Also, it lost by seven minutes? OK!

Last edited:

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the S22 Ultra will still get you through a full day. Like any phone though, if you game all day or take videos all day, naturally you'll be charging during the day. That goes for any phone. The only phone I ever owned that wouldn't get me through a full day was my Galaxy S6.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
yeah , both of these are exinos , usually have worse battery nad camera performance than the snapdragon version , waiting for a snapdragon s22 ultra , battery and camera comparison

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For starters, the S21 Ultra did not have to spend any battery charging the S-Pen like the S22 Ultra does whenever the S-Pen is inserted into the phone.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Have to wonder, how much drain can a S-pen be even if totally dead when inserted? Saw a teardown (or maybe more exact a total destruction) and that battery is very small.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
"Samsung estimates it uses 0.5mAh per full charge. In other words, S Pen shouldn’t affect your battery life at all, even if super-capacitors slowly lose charge over time. For reference, 0.5mAh is 1/9,000th of the 4,500mAh battery in the Note 20 Ultra"

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-s-pen-the-ultimate-guide-925944/

Have to wonder, how much drain can a S-pen be even if totally dead when inserted? Saw a teardown (or maybe more exact a total destruction) and that battery is very small.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the S22 Ultra will still get you through a full day. Like any phone though, if you game all day or take videos all day, naturally you'll be charging during the day. That goes for any phone. The only phone I ever owned that wouldn't get me through a full day was my Galaxy S6.

My Note 2 from 2012 was my last phone to only last a day, my Note 20 Ultra I'd usually over 40% charge at the end of the day.

Seeing how much better the S21 and S22 are in comparison I wouldn't worry myself.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I believe the vast majority of S pen users don't use the Bluetooth functions of it, such as using the S pen as a remote shutter, swiping through the gallery etc. I know I don't.

When you swipe down the notification panel and go to S pen, you can turn off these air actions. You can still use the S pen for all the other common functions, but the S pen Bluetooth connectivity will be turned off and not charging inside the phone.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe the vast majority of S pen users don't use the Bluetooth functions of it, such as using the S pen as a remote shutter, swiping through the gallery etc. I know I don't.

When you swipe down the notification panel and go to S pen, you can turn off these air actions. You can still use the S pen for all the other common functions, but the S pen Bluetooth connectivity will be turned off and not charging inside the phone.

I do use the camera a lot and as well the remote shutter. It's so handy. But if it takes so little power to charge, then there's really no point in turning off the function.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I had have no idea what the capabilities of this S-pen is. But I'll have fun learning.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
US phones don't have the Exynos processor, so I really don't look at these results too closely. Plus, I'm sure my battery life will be fine, because I'm not doing what's done in these tests, to run my battery down.

The iPhone had the best battery life in Arun's video..and I'm not getting one. Battery life isn't the most important thing. As long as I can get thru a day, I'm good.

These tech reviews can be be very misleading - as far as you making a decision on what to buy. As stated by Arun, all the phones had great battery life. I watch Arun's videos because he's entertaining, very knowledgeable/non-biased, fine...and has the voice Bixby should have had.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have often stated a phone's battery life as tested by reviewers means about as much to me as the weather in Argentina. I just post what I see if I see something, since someone might actually care. I believe everyone's battery life is a private matter. What these reviewers do to run a battery down is something I would not even attempt.

And iPhones are noted for great battery life and some strange emojis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez