S22 Ultra having issues receiving and sending texts what to do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My new S22 Ultra is having issues receiving and sending texts. I'm constantly getting the tap to download and nothing is coming across. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Sixfive23

Mar 12, 2022
Visit site
S22 Ultra is having issues sending out img messages and receiving messages?

My S22 Ultra is not downloading all my texts. It's doing alot of tap to download. Also images not going out. Not sure what's going on. They tried to assist network reset, cache reset. Nothing has worked. Not sure if I should try factory reset. They said I could get another phone maybe a hardware issue. Any help. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your mobile data on? Are you certain your APN settings are correct for your carrier? The "Tap to download" message usually appears when the phone is having problems with MMS messages (which require mobile data).

Sixfive23

Mar 12, 2022
Visit site
Yeah I tried that and still some of the messages are still circling when I select tap to download. It's very weird. Wonder if I need to delete all my texts

Sixfive23

Mar 12, 2022
Visit site
Yeah tried that. One message that was held up came through. The older one's from Friday are still saying tap to download then spinning when I tap.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, during group texts. It's annoying. I thought it was some ATT bull**** going on. It used to happen once in a blue moon but it's happening a lot with my group chats. It won't always load and when it does, it's like hours later. This is the OneUI Google Messages on ATT.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, during group texts. It's annoying. I thought it was some ATT bull**** going on. It used to happen once in a blue moon but it's happening a lot with my group chats. It won't always load and when it does, it's like hours later. This is the OneUI Google Messages on ATT.
I tend to default to blaming AT&T as well. lol

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i just encountered this issue. 2 different people texted in a group chat i'm in, and then i got a text from both of them with an attachment link that didn't work. did some troubleshooting in an at&t chat and they didn't have a clue. while in the chat, i turned on my old note 10+ to see what settings were different. in the note, the setting for conversation categories was off, in the S22U it was turned on, i didn't touch that setting in either phone. i turned it off in the S22U to see what happens next time someone replies in the group chat. just weird that i've had the phone for over a week and this just happened with 2 guys who have an iphone, but not a few of the others in the chat with iphones. hoping turning off the categories setting fixes it

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
ok, so i just encountered this issue. 2 different people texted in a group chat i'm in, and then i got a text from both of them with an attachment link that didn't work. did some troubleshooting in an at&t chat and they didn't have a clue. while in the chat, i turned on my old note 10+ to see what settings were different. in the note, the setting for conversation categories was off, in the S22U it was turned on, i didn't touch that setting in either phone. i turned it off in the S22U to see what happens next time someone replies in the group chat. just weird that i've had the phone for over a week and this just happened with 2 guys who have an iphone, but not a few of the others in the chat with iphones. hoping turning off the categories setting fixes it
What messaging app are you using?

I don't have "conversation categories" in the default Samsung messaging app. I am in the beta too...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyroyer67