S22U Cache Issue

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
My S22 Ultra is having issues where the screen lags occasonally. For example, I click a message, and although it opened, I have to drag down the notification bar to see the change, then again to bring up the keyboard, etc. It'll start suddenly, and gets worse (unlocking the screen at times is nearly impossible, or being able to even power down). I have detected no pattern before it starts randomly (not after x app or if I haven't restarted for a bit, etc.).

The only fix I've found is to clear the phones cache (powering down/getting into that menu). It immediately resolves after.

Only a recent issue, everything has been updated (software, apps) and I have no clue what's causing it.

QUESTION is, would a hard likely reset resolve an issue like this? I want to exchange one of my S22U for a S23U, but ideally this one is the one I keep, as it has 2 years of insurance (other has none). I'm nervous to do that given the issue, though, as i don't want to have to do an insurance claim on it (my other phone has never done this, but I admittedly use it less intensely).

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Have you already tested the phone in Safe Mode for a little while to see if that behavior persists? www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983. If it goes away in Safe Mode, then you know the problem is due to some app you installed. The challenge would then be to narrow down which app is the culprit.
Thank you, no I haven't tried that yet, but I appreciate the tip as it'd help me know if a hard reset may fix things (I install very little on my work device, which is how I'd use this if keeping it). Safe Mode seems like a pain when it's intermittent... but at least it's an option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned using it as a work device -- is it already being managed by a work IT department, or is it just a personal device that you use for your own work? I ask because sometimes a company's device management software might cause some glitches or performance issues.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
You mentioned using it as a work device -- is it already being managed by a work IT department, or is it just a personal device that you use for your own work? I ask because sometimes a company's device management software might cause some glitches or performance issues.
It's currently my personal device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34