S23 not switching from Wi-Fi to cellular even though there's a strong signal?

lnomad

Jan 16, 2023
Visit site
Not sure if what happened today was a fluke or a bug. This morning, my S23 Ultra was connected to my home Wi-Fi and everything was fine. Then my wife and I left the house to go on our daily morning hike, and when we got to the park, I tried to use Spotify and got and error, something like "Spotify is in offline mode." I had 4 bars of a 5G signal, and when I opened a browser, I got an error stating that Internet wasn't available. Hmm, this was a first. I restarted my phone and then everything worked ok. It's almost like the phone didn't switch from Wi-Fi to cellular when we left the house even though I had good signal strength.

Anyone ever have this happen? Like I said, hopefully this was just a fluke.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, been losing internet sporadically on both Wifi and Cellular since the update to One UI 6. To fix, I have to toggle airplane mode on then off. I have been hoping I wasn't the only one so that they might be prompted to fix it. At first, it appeared to be the same as the old Wifi6 bug. But, it has started happening on cellular too.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if what happened today was a fluke or a bug. This morning, my S23 Ultra was connected to my home Wi-Fi and everything was fine. Then my wife and I left the house to go on our daily morning hike, and when we got to the park, I tried to use Spotify and got and error, something like "Spotify is in offline mode." I had 4 bars of a 5G signal, and when I opened a browser, I got an error stating that Internet wasn't available. Hmm, this was a first. I restarted my phone and then everything worked ok. It's almost like the phone didn't switch from Wi-Fi to cellular when we left the house even though I had good signal strength.

Anyone ever have this happen? Like I said, hopefully this was just a fluke.
Yes, been losing internet sporadically on both Wifi and Cellular since the update to One UI 6. To fix, I have to toggle airplane mode on then off. I have been hoping I wasn't the only one so that they might be prompted to fix it. At first, it appeared to be the same as the old Wifi6 bug. But, it has started happening on cellular too.
I'm still using UI 5 v. 13 on my S23+, however my wife allowed her S23U to update to UI 6.1 v. 14, though neither of our S23's have had that 'not switching' to cellular issue.

Reactions: lnomad

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with my S23 Ultra. It seemed to have started when I was running the beta version of 6.0. Since the stable version it has not really happened, maybe once since on the stable version.

Reactions: Mark SuckerBurg