S24U Stopped Charging

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I've never experienced this with a phone, but I'm calling Samsung tomorrow in a panic. My new S24 Ultra stopped charging by cable or wirelessly. I need enough power in it to be willing to try moving everything to another phone temporarily to then reset it, which right now I don't have at 11%. Any ideas? I did restart with no luck.

Mostly have been charging plugged in at night, battery setting midway (the whole pause at 80%/predict wake) but have since toggled it off and no change. No pulling at it while plugged in or dropping with the cable in, etc. Battery life has been excellent so at best maybe I'd plug in the car for a bit playing music but mostly minimal charging.

Then it quit charging. I assumed a bad cable, but I've confirmed through several bricks, cords, etc. that they all charge my other S24U (work) fine but not this one.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Risked another restart, and I can charge with a high-speed cord, not wireless or any other cord, but beats nothing. Leaving it to charge and will have to back it up and call Samsung still, something is up. I may need to try a factory reset to appease them first.

What a pain. I'm glad to not be seeing this as a common issue but not happy to be dealing with it after a week of smooth sailing.

Last edited:

Hisham248

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
I am glad that someone faced same issue, I had to return my s24 U after 10 days of usage…it just stopped charging via cable but only by wireless charging…I tried every fix on internet and on s23 u but with no luck,, I felt so disappointed.. please update me if they replaced your unit or not…

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29