S3 ATT going to T-mobile--- What is lacking?

spdas

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Aloha, all. I got my unlocked S-3 ATT and using it on T-mobile. My service range is poor on T-mobile so want to use WIFI. (or suggestions). I understand T-mobile has "WIFI Calling" that is not avail on the ATT version, so other than using Skype or an app that requires the called party to have the same app running, how can I directly use WIFI to call? I saw changing the ROM (beyond me ATM) but I loose some other functions. Sooooo, any suggestions on getting TRUE WIFI working on this ATT to T-mobile hybrid?

PLEASE LIMIT any RESPONSES to the SUBJECT MATTER, so the MODERATOR does not need to.

thanks
Francis

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Aloha, all. I got my unlocked S-3 ATT and using it on T-mobile. My service range is poor on T-mobile so want to use WIFI. (or suggestions). I understand T-mobile has "WIFI Calling" that is not avail on the ATT version, so other than using Skype or an app that requires the called party to have the same app running, how can I directly use WIFI to call? I saw changing the ROM (beyond me ATM) but I loose some other functions. Sooooo, any suggestions on getting TRUE WIFI working on this ATT to T-mobile hybrid?

PLEASE LIMIT any RESPONSES to the SUBJECT MATTER, so the MODERATOR does not need to.

thanks
Francis

I'm pretty sure the T-Mo wifi calling goes pretty deep into the framework, so as far as that goes you would need a T-Mo branded device. Maybe find someone that would be willing to trade you?

As for other VoIP apps I'm not sure, as I've only ever used Skype, and it's honestly not terribly reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ygolonac