• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

S3 for an LG Sport

JR Messina

Feb 18, 2017
Anyone currently have an LG Watch Sport that is interested in swapping for a S3 Frontier non GSM?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Based upon my usage:
*Loss of Samsung Pay
*Loss of Tizen

But, I also haven't used an LG Sport, so what would be your reasons for switching to one?

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
I have had both. The S3 is the better watch imo especially if you have a Samsung phone.

From a fit stand point
The LG Sport is a really thick watch. Anytime I would open a door that would need to push to exit, my hand would push on the crown and start the google assistant.
The band cannot be replaced and I found my wrist would get really sweaty under that band.

Software wise Samsung is more complete right now. I do think that will change with google’s Watch OS and will have a more complete App Store at some point.

JR Messina

Feb 18, 2017
I aggree that the Gear is a better watch but the lack of apps along with connection issues with my pixel are frustrating. I have a tic watch but it's slow and missing some hardware features.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
I aggree that the Gear is a better watch but the lack of apps along with connection issues with my pixel are frustrating. I have a tic watch but it's slow and missing some hardware features.

When I had the LG watch I had the Pixel XL ver 1. I also used the S3 with it. I understand what you are experiencing with the connectivity.