s3 stuck at booting screen

androbada525

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 about a month back from eBay. It was working fine till the last Tuesday, but after that my phone started rebooting by itself. My Galaxy S3 is powered by Android 4.0.4 and unfortunately I haven't enabled the USB Debugging Mode, nor have I flashed it with any custom roms. So, I can't flash with any custom roms, the solution suggested by most of the threads I have browsed through. My phone is also not going into the recovery mode. Please help!

Best Regards

CyberianIce

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
You can flash it with stock ROM via ODIN (enter download mode) or You can try factory reset in stock recovery. If none of that helps, than its h/w related flaw.

androbada525

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. In the most of the guides that I have read, "USB Debugging" mode needs to be activated to flash any custom or stock firmware. But, in my case, the USB Debugging mode has not been enabled. Any other suggestions?

Best Regards

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
In the most of the guides that I have read, "USB Debugging" mode needs to be activated to flash any custom or stock firmware.
I'm not sure of the accuracy of that statement - it may be true if you're using ADB while the phone is booted normally, but seems irrelevant when the phone is booted in Download mode.
So you just need to boot into Download mode and use Odin to load whichever firmware you need.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Rickdiesel

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Not to bump on old thread, but I am having the same problems as OP. I have not rooted my phone...in safe mode I can not restart system. This happened after Droid kept on aggressively suggesting I upload software. I upload software while phone is on a charger...and boom- cannot get past Samsung Boot screen. I have an S3. Of course my contacts are on internal memory, and some good pics and vids. Anything I can do to recover data and also the phone- I assume Flashing it back to stock is only option left? P.S....before that happened, I updated software the first time- a few days prior to last update- , and either before or after that my battery was acting funny. As in my phone would shut off around 20% battery. I cannot be sure, but people suspect it was the 4.4 kitkat update. Any help?

Thanks

Kerri Foster

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Help PLEASE, my son got this virus on his Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 international model), when powered on in all above stated methods say Downloading do not disconnect usb cable during software update

I greatly appreciate any suggestions

Thanks!