S3 won't update to Jellybean

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I don't have a Verizon Galaxy S3, but my fiance does, and when I try to upgrade to JB (through About -> Updates) it tells me something like "Service not available, try again later".. I've read online that this means you probably need your SIM card replaced. Anyone know how to fix this? Can I download the latest stock ROM and install it manually instead?

Thanks!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I don't have a Verizon Galaxy S3, but my fiance does, and when I try to upgrade to JB (through About -> Updates) it tells me something like "Service not available, try again later".. I've read online that this means you probably need your SIM card replaced. Anyone know how to fix this? Can I download the latest stock ROM and install it manually instead?

Thanks!

You can download it via the kies application by plugging it into a computer. This way is almost better then receiving it over the air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe Verizon allows you to update any way other than OTA. I called them today about this same issue, and they told me the phased roll out of JB was ongoing and that this message was not an error message, but an indication that your phone is not yet slated for the upgrade. They also said sometime during the 1st week of January was the expected end date for the roll out. So I'm waiting until January 7 before I ask for anything else, like a SIM card or whatever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha.. I like that answer- less work :D.

I'll wait til next weekend and if nothing by then, we'll make a visit to Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02