S4gpe to a nexus 4, am I crazy?

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I use an S4 Google edition but am so tempted to get nexus4 , now available in UK at an incredible ?159. Am I crazy , should I just wait for nexus 5?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I use an S4 Google edition but am so tempted to get nexus4 , now available in UK at an incredible ?159. Am I crazy , should I just wait for nexus 5?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

No I don't think you are crazy. The N4 just feels like a Nexus. It is a great device and I have contemplated going back to it on several occasions.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
IMO, you are crazy. If you already have the s4 GPE you have a much better, complete package. If you were looking to buy I would say the n4 b.c of the price difference, but that is irrelevant that this point. If you do get the n4 and are willing to sell your s4 GPE for a bargain let me know :)

What makes you want to switch? The GPE have already proven they get updates very fast.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Certified crazy. The N4 cannot touch the S4 GPe in ANY category that I could see when I owned both. Waiting on the next Nexus since 4.3 gimped the S4 GPe external SD card...I sure do miss it though...and will be going back to it if the new Nexus does not have a 32GB version.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just really like the pure nexus experience , don't need large storage and will get the nexus 5 when that comes out too, I'm guessing it will have LTE and an improved display resolution too? I'd been iOS from the start until a few weeks ago! Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Saw the S4 GPe starting to pop up on ebay so I snagged a mint one for considerably less than the $650...Sweet phone! I will root and fix the ext SD card issue myself. Still interested in the next Nexus. Something about pure android and no bloat that is so sweet !

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had an N4 now an S4 GPE. Don't switch the S4 GPE is better in every way except maybe a less clear idea on future updates. The updates are a valid concern....but if you are otherwise happy with the phone it would make more sense to just see how the next update comes along since as of right now they are on 4.3 just like the Nexus 4.

The other thing is the next Nexus phone is coming very soon. The S4 GPE is a pretty good phone and should be more than enough to tide you over until the "Nexus 5" comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36