S7 not updating, last update 2017!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a refurb s7 a few years ago and have just noticed it's not updating. Last update was 2017 and it's on OS 7.0.

Both my phone (through settings, update software) and SmartSwitch on my PC say I'm updated to the latest version - no updates available.

I can't see how this is the latest version, phone is an s7 (SM-G930F).

I need my phone to be OS 8.0 minimum to continue running my work apps.

7gb free internal memory, 10gb free external.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

The device was released in 2016 and at that time I believe they were only doing 1 or 2 OS updates and maybe a little over 24 months of security updates. In comparison Samsung's current flagship devices are 3 OS updates and a little over 36 months of security updates.

The 930 model should be 8.0 but you're not likely to get OTA or pushed to the device. You'll have to manually update, probably through Odin or something similar. You can search how to do that online but we can ask @mustang7757 for a bit more information. He recommends Odin all the time so I imagine he has some experience.

In the meantime, if you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

dunc_keith

Nov 20, 2021
Visit site
The responses are very much appreciated, thanks.

Sam mobile says the latest update for this phone was June 2021, so something is wrong that I'm not getting these.

I'm going to try Odin using a you tube guide. I'm just in the process of backing up my phone to my PC first :)

From Sammobile:

Model Country/Carrier Date PDA Version
SM-G930F United Kingdom 2021-06-14 G930FXXU8EUE1 8.0.0

Thanks,
Dunc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The responses are very much appreciated, thanks.

Sam mobile says the latest update for this phone was June 2021, so something is wrong that I'm not getting these.

I'm going to try Odin using a you tube guide. I'm just in the process of backing up my phone to my PC first :)

From Sammobile:

ModelCountry/CarrierDatePDAVersion
SM-G930FUnited Kingdom2021-06-14G930FXXU8EUE18.0.0

Thanks,
Dunc.
Hi welcome to AC!
Ok let us know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member