S9 Text Messages - How to tell which number for a contact I am texting with

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since replacing my S7 with an S9, I can no longer tell what number of a contact I am text messaging with. I have several family members and friends/coworkers where I have them as a contact but with both work and home cell phone numbers. There are times when I need to text them on their work phone and times when I need to only text them on their personal cell number. On my S7 I used to be able to see the phone number (or even email address if I was texting an email address for a reminder or something) underneath the contact's name at the top while in that text messaging exchange, but when moving to the S9, it only displays their name at the top. Tapping on the contact name does no good as it just takes me to the contact card for that person and shows me all of their available contact numbers/addresses. Any idea how to clearly/quickly tell which number that text exchange is with (other than by guessing based on the context of the past messages in that exchange?)

This comes in handy for reminders for myself as well. I have several different text strings going with myself to send reminders to my work email, home email, etc. There is no way to easily tell which number or email I am sending a text to unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for any help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38