Safe Mode resets options

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Today while trying to help someone else with an issue I put my phone in Safe Mode to test something and found that when I returned to normal mode all of my widgets were gone along with my theming. I have never had this happen before but I'm not sure if I've ever put the S22 in Safe Mode, so I can only say that I've never had this on any other device for sure. I really wasn't expecting to have to setup my device all over testing Safe Mode. I even tried restarting after noticing everything was gone thinking that maybe they just didn't load and restarting would boot everything up but nope.

Have any of you experienced this before? Was it on this device? Has it only been on this device? This last one is to see if it's just me...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ive heard this happened before i think was a Samsung, i never go into that mode very rare.
It sounds about right because it turns off 3rd party applications once you do that it has no way of knowing to turn settings such as themes or widgets back on .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I expected it to turn off data and network and not allow some apps but I've not had it go this far. I found out today that it also caused my email app to stop syncing. I was trying to get an activation code and it kept saying that it was sending it to my email but every time I would check there would be nothing. That was when I noticed a little popup saying cannot refresh app has stopped syncing. Now I'm waiting to see what else might have changed. This is almost as bad as factory resetting a device, tip toing through everything hoping to catch anything that has changed or needs refreshed. I'm wondering now if this will be the behavior moving forward or if this was some kind of one off event. So if anyone wants to try this and let me know... there's no reward other than a hardy thank you... lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon