Samsung A3 wont reset

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
I have a Samsung A3 that has turned into a brick.

I want to use the phone alongside my new phone as a standby but I have forgotten the screen unlock code/password. When I charge the battery , it just boots up and asks me for my Password. I have tried to reset the phone using the power button and volume down buttons but it does not reset and just re-boots asking me for the password again. When using the button presses, this has to be done with the phone switched on (its default state) .

I have see this question before on other forums but no-one has come up with a fix other than buying an expensive unlock App which seems a bit OTT for such a simple problem.

Any help appreciated

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
I already did that but as you might imagine most of the suggestions are from guys with opinions rather than hard knowledge. It seems strange that instructions from Samsung website on performing a factory reset dont work?

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
It's a Google security feature that is meant to keep someone from accessing your phone, accounts and any other personal and banking information.
Good luck but without the correct credentials there's really no bypass...

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Thankyou very much for your reply but these instructions/procedure do not work as they are presented if you have a screenlock enabled. The procedure requires the phone to be turned off and then powered back up. My problem (and I am sure it is the same for many others) is that my phone would not allow me to switch it off unless I provided my password. I am still not sure why the phone did not respond to the password that I recorded but that does not help me here. The good news is that I did find a method of getting the phone into the boot menu without trying to power it down and needing my password to do so. It is this (and I have never seen this documented anywhere) :-

Instead of attempting to switch off the phone, I re-started it and carried out the procedure during the re-start. After my third attempt, I got the short vibration again and performed the procedure. "Hey presto" and up came the boot menu. Factory reset and all working perfectly. You dont get much time after the vibration to press the button combination but it worked.
Happy man here but many thanks for helping me to get on the right track with the button combination. There are a few videos on the Web telling you to press Vol- and Power ( no mention of the Home key) and showing this working! Strangely, the A3 phone shown in the videos have the Volume buttons on the right of the phone and not the keft side as with my A3 2017 Galaxy.

B.regds Phil

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes I've seen that on multiple devices where you can get into recovery mode on a restart... it's all about the timing. Like you said a little experimentation is all it takes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung A3 that has turned into a brick.

I want to use the phone alongside my new phone as a standby but I have forgotten the screen unlock code/password. When I charge the battery , it just boots up and asks me for my Password. I have tried to reset the phone using the power button and volume down buttons but it does not reset and just re-boots asking me for the password again. When using the button presses, this has to be done with the phone switched on (its default state) .

I have see this question before on other forums but no-one has come up with a fix other than buying an expensive unlock App which seems a bit OTT for such a simple problem.

Any help appreciated
Only other way besides contacting Samsung direct is go to find my Samsung device log in and try to remotely unlock your device if that was on in your device.

Edit: scratch that your device too old to have that option.