Samsung A52S Sim card problem

KieranT5

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
Help!!!!
My phone is saying at the top left hand corner that I have no Sim. When I go into Settings →Connections→Sim manager, it shows a Sim in position 1, & has my phone number. In the Preferred Sim area, SIM1 seems to be greyed out. Nothing wrong with my SIM, it works ok in my wife's Samsung. My wife's SIM won't work in my phone. When I remove the SIM & turn phone on I get a full screen message telling me that there is no SIM inserted.
Poor connection in the SIM slot??
Any advise would be welcome.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. We're going to need more answers to offer you the best advice.

Has this ever worked? Since you've had this device has it worked? Did this just start? How long ago did it stop? Did anything happen around that time?

With the Samsung's A series devices they do not have IP ratings, did this phone get wet at any point? Moisture could cause connection issues. With the SIM card tray being a "sealed" compartment I wouldn't expect to find debris in the slot but if debris is suspected, with the tray removed tip the device so that any debris would fall out and give it a few sharp thumps into your hand. If you're going to try compressed air, blow from one side of the opening so that air and hopefully the debris both get pushed out the other side. Blowing directly into the slot may push whatever deeper or cause it to be more stuck so be cautious with this method.

If there is no suspected moisture or debris, have you contacted your carrier? Even though the SIM works in other devices carriers get calls like this everyday and should have reps that can handle simple troubleshooting and recovery.

Without knowing if the device has ever worked for you, is this a new device? Where did you buy it? What did the listing say, if not purchased new? If you bought a defective used device you may consider attempting a return or reaching out to the seller for advice or help.

Samsung's are fairly universal but if not purchased from your carrier, have you checked that the device is compatible with your carrier? Devices are not arbitrarily denied from carrier lists. There is usually a compatibility issue or security issue that get devices excluded from carrier lists.

Let us know what you find. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html Sorry, habit. :confused:

KieranT5

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
I must admit that I didn't quite tell the full story! I've had the phone for a couple of years, had no problems with it apart from it getting increasingly difficult to connect it to my computer to transfer images. Really had to push the USB plug hard into the socket on the phone before a connection was made. Charging was usually ok, but Data was a real struggle, until in the end Just couldn't transfer any data. I've got the ' Default USB configuration' set for transferring images, under Developer options. Even bought an expensive USB cable!
So in the end I bit the bullet & ordered a replacement circuit board that has the USB port on it. ( I'm a retired Electronics technician, so it wasn't too scary!! ) Dismantled the phone, replaced the board successfully, reassembled the phone, & tested it. USB Data connection now 100% ok. Fitted the SIM card back in, & got the message as in my previous post ' No SIM '. I've dismantled the phone once more & double checked for anything obvious to no avail. I'm wondering now whether when I refitted the SIM card it collected some of the glue used to fasten the case back together, & deposited it on the SIM connections.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol