Samsung A7 2018- 'Camera' Folder in gallery emptied by itself?

priyankb123

Nov 29, 2019
Visit site
Till last night my mom's phone was alright. Today one photo was taken on it, later she opened the gallery and found that the camera folder is only has that one photo. I went through her files through a PC and sure enough, all photos and videos taken before today are gone. She didn't drop the phone, nor did she delete any thing by herself.

The phone was having storage issues, with only 2-3 GB of free space left. Other than that the phone had had no issue. I cannot make sense of this. Does this sort of thing happen? I am at a loss, I am not a very technical person and don't know much about smartphones other than using the usual apps.

She had no cloud back-up, which, yes, I now realise is very important. But I ****ed up(should have set it up back when I bought it for her, but I just didn't know). Is there anything that can be done to get her photos back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were you looking directly in the /DCIM/Camera directory with a file manager app or Windows File Explorer? Or could the photos be saved to an SD card (which should also be /DCIM/Camera on the card)?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams