Samsung Bookcover keyboard ef-dt970 suddenly not working

CindyC-IL

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Hope someone can help me. I use the Bookcover keyboard ef-dt970 with my samsung s7+ tablet 95% of the time. All of a sudden it's not working correctly. Some letters enter as multiple characters, others are working fine. For example the letter a displays as "a`" but e works fine.

I've tried the following
-cleaned contacts onbothablet and keyboard
-reboot
-tried in safe mode
-cleared partition cache
-checked language
-cleared browser cache

Still not working. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Cindy

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a keyboard hardware issue. Try cleaning the keys with compressed air (while disconnected, and make sure no condensation happened before re-connecting it). If that doesn't help, is there another tablet (or store with a demo unit they can let you try it on) that you can test on? If the issue is there too, then the keyboard's hardware (most likely 'sticky' keys or faulty switches) would be the problem.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

CindyC-IL

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Not sure what happened, but seems to be working. I didn't have any canned air, but disconnected keyboard and tapped each end (all 4 sides) (to remove any dirt or stuff), then rolled hand in all four directions across the keys. Tested every key, and seems to be working.

Thanks for the suggestion.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it was just stuck debris/dust. But if it happens again, try a deeper clean or, if a recurrent issue, it might mean the switches under the keys are starting to fail mechanically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49