Samsung.com trade in question

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was looking into trading my wife's S7E into Samsung for the Note 9, but I know they can be sketchy when it comes to accruals crediting you the full amount on a phone that should qualify. Does anyone know if a non-functioning mic would drop it to the base $25 credit? It seems to record video ok, but the mic for calls doesn't seem to work.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would. They get SUPER picky, and they do test the whole thing. You might get lucky and get a lazy inspection, but most will try to get out of the full trade-in with any excuse (tiny scratches on the screen, for instance...because they're ON the screen). I'd rather try to go somewhere that takes in-store trade ins, they check WAY less.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is that difference worth the high risk though? My brother sent his S8 in, near-perfect conditions... Came back as 25 bucks because it had a 'wiggle' in the USB port. It charged, it did everything, but a little wiggle. He's still fighting the claim, but since you can't get the phone back and they only send out the blurriest of pictures as inspection, well...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is that difference worth the high risk though? My brother sent his S8 in, near-perfect conditions... Came back as 25 bucks because it had a 'wiggle' in the USB port. It charged, it did everything, but a little wiggle. He's still fighting the claim, but since you can't get the phone back and they only send out the blurriest of pictures as inspection, well...
Hence why I was asking ahead of time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLinn