Samsung Email App Issues on A5 (2017)

May 30, 2018
Visit site
Running Android 8.0, SE Version 9.0

One of the things I really don't like about Samsung devices is their bloat, I'm sure I'm not alone in that. As I didn't want to have 2 or three email apps running on this device, I decided to use the Samsung email app exclusively this time around.

This morning when I woke up I had an alert for an unusual over night high 13 messages but when I opened the app there were no new emails. About an hour later, I got an alert for 15 messages all arriving at once; again, nothing. Then 11, 5, 8, etc, and now it seems to have settled down to one or two an hour with nothing being there.

I fired up my old BlackBerry Passport and left that running all morning along with Outlook on my PC,and I've not been getting any of these phantom alerts in either place.

Any suggestions?

*EDIT*

Just as I posted this thread I got an alert for another 10 non-existent messages!!!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are there notices for the emails, of just the tone you use for emails sounding? If it's just the tone, you might have another app using that same file for notifications.

May 30, 2018
Visit site
Are there notices for the emails, of just the tone you use for emails sounding? If it's just the tone, you might have another app using that same file for notifications.

I get the email audible tone, and both visual alerts (one at the top left of the screen and the other on the app icon indicating how many emails I've supposedly received).

I'll try and take a screen shot next time it happens.

May 30, 2018
Visit site

OK, here's a screenshot of an incident from earlier that claimed I had 5 emails waiting for me. A big fat nope!:

Screenshot_20180920-151506_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Excuse the GMail and Hub icon, they're essentially dead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781