Samsung epic 4g touch talking caller id

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Its that simple?... What else does the driving mode do? The only time my phone ever talked the caller id was after an extended period of screen on time in my pocket. I was pocket texting and pocket dialing and changing settings like crazy, but I did like to hear who is calling.

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's that simple, samsung includes a driving mode button on a widget along with voice talk & voice command. However I have noticed that when driving mode is on and I answer the call before the phone is done announcing the caller, both me and the caller can hear the phone talking, its a little weird for the caller and annoying to explain.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it also reads text messages aloud in driving mode...

thought i remember something like that, but cant remember how to do it. i use driving mode on the motorcycle listening to tunes. this way i know if the text is one I'm waiting for.
anyone recall how to find or set options for voice or driving mode ??

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Using GoSMS Pro. My driving mode used to announce texts like "Message from Dad" even after the ICS update.

I had to do a factory reset/clean re-install of ICS. Now my driving mode wont announce texts.

Anyone know why? Is it just a random setting burred somewhere in GoSMS Pro? I would like it to announce texts...but not read the whole message out loud. Just who sent it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP