Samsung factory reset without been forced to have internet connection

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Quiet extraordinary - No one in this thread has actually answered the original question!
How do I factory reset my phone WITHOUT been forced (by the phone) to be connected to the internet.

I too have tried to reset my phone as I am selling it, but it keeps saying "you are not connected to the internet" Surely there must be a way to completely wipe your phone back to factory settings without internet? I dont want to back up anything - I simply want to wipe the entire phone of all its contents and then sell it on. Any sensible replies much appreciated!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The device needs an internet connection because it needs to report to the servers (Samsung and Google) if it was properly reset. Without that a new owner won't be able to configure the device as the device will still be linked to your account(s) and will prompt the new owner for YOUR information to set it up. This is called Factory Reset Protection

Bottom line - it's actually in YOUR interest to be sure it's wiped properly, which involves the device having an internet connection for the process.

https://www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know

I'm not sure what thread you were referring to, you should join as a member so you can respond to threads instead of creating new ones. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You should be able to boot into Recovery Mode and do a factory reset from there -- but as hallux mentioned, it will still require you to enter the Google (or possibly Samsung) account and password associated with the phone in order to proceed, which is a security feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12