Samsung Galaxy A32 group messages now coming in as separate texts

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone just last week started this issue. I had it set for group messages to come in all in 1 thread but recently it has changed to where each response comes in on the person that is responding's text thread and not the group message thread.

In the settings area of the actual group message thread I have "group conversation" open (converts to MMS)

Under the regular message settings>more settings>multimedia messages I have "group conversation" open (it confirms "send text & multimedia to multiple recipients as group conversations so that everyone can see all the responses").

The message version my phone is on is 12.2.10.75 and my last phone update was 10/18/21...it's been happening since then.

I have no idea where else to check or if there is a patch to fix this as it was working correctly before and I believe all the settings are where they need be to keep the group conversation all in one thread but it's not working now. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

oceantjp

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung Messaging app. Yep, my mobile data is on. As far as I can tell my APN settings are correct. Any other ideas? It was functioning fine and then just recently it changed.
I registered :)