Samsung Galaxy Rush SPH-M830 memory/storage issue

Bedlam125

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, in recent months my phone has become more and more sluggish, freezes on application tasks and such... so I assumed I had too many apps or too much data in general on the phones internal storage. However, after uninstalling some things and clearing all i could from memory it still says its near full... and looking at it in windows says the same: 32mb free of 1.82gb

But... with both "show hidden files" and "show protected system files" enabled, and selecting all content on the internal memory the data totals only 409mb

So I would assume something is stealing and allocating space as used... How can I fix this.. or at least find out what is claiming the space? any help is appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I found specs on your phone on the net. But I would like to compare them to what your device says. Can you post a screenshot of your storage stats, please?

Bedlam125

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually that does no good, on storage settings screen every field says calculating to no end, applications, pictures videos etc.. all i have is this from the windows end:

phoneproperties.jpg dataproperties.jpg

Edit: The storage screen in settings>storage Does say 1.94gb as the total on-board memory, and 132mb as available memory. But the rest just...calculate, with operating memory being so low it may calculate by time I wake up in the A.M. lol

Last edited:

Bedlam125

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
bump. Hasn't anyone seen this happen before? I have really given all the information I can. I can't seem to take a screenshot with this phone, despite using home+power/lock buttons simultaneously it just doesn't take one. However theres no further information there than that I have stated