Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - TF CARD

Eyal B

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
When I connect a TF card to the device using an adapter, the device does not recognize the card.
why?
The adapter and the card are definitely fine, I connected it to the computer and the computer recognizes it.

Attachments

• 01.jpeg
    01.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 25

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the reader is connected via an OTG adapter (or, if you're connecting the reader directly, that it has OTG built-in)?

What's the exact brand and model name/number of the reader, so we can look up the specs?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The S22 Ultra has a USB 3.2 Type-C port, so an OTG adapter should not be necessary. My guess would be that the card is formatted in a format the phone can't read by default. Especially if it's old enough to be an actual TransFlash card and that isn't just the OP using an outdated term.

Something that's always good to try first though is taking your case off lol.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The S22 Ultra has a USB 3.2 Type-C port, so an OTG adapter should not be necessary. My guess would be that the card is formatted in a format the phone can't read by default. Especially if it's old enough to be an actual TransFlash card and that isn't just the OP using an outdated term.

Something that's always good to try first though is taking your case off lol.
Ah thanks, I didn't know that about USB 3.2. But does the reader also have to support USB 3.2, or does the 3.2 port on the phone work for any reader, regardless of its specs?

Eyal B

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Are you certain the reader is connected via an OTG adapter (or, if you're connecting the reader directly, that it has OTG built-in)?

What's the exact brand and model name/number of the reader, so we can look up the specs?
I'm sure.
And as I wrote, I connected the adapter to the computer via the type c and the computer manages to read the TF card

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah thanks, I didn't know that about USB 3.2. But does the reader also have to support USB 3.2, or does the 3.2 port on the phone work for any reader, regardless of its specs?
No, it should work with any USB device. Those OTG cables we used to use were just there to convert a peripheral port into a host port whereas with current USB type-c 3.0 and above whether the device is a host or a peripheral is negotiated at the time of connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000