Samsung Galaxy S3 Android System drainage

woska89

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem before and factory reseted my phone. Now few month later, im having the same issue.

System_server and com.android is at the top of list. Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it without rooting my phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366743372306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366743372306.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 31
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366743499983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366743499983.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 31

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem before and factory reseted my phone. Now few month later, im having the same issue.

System_server and com.android is at the top of list. Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it without rooting my phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

OK....as of the pic, you have gone nearly 7 hours and have used only 24% of your battery. The battery usage graphs is just showing of the 24% used, most of it was used by the Android system. The next most is the screen. I take it you don't turn the phone on much. If that is true, the system being idle is going to drain the battery. It will adjust if you use your phone for something. Play a game for about 20 minutes and the resource list will change.

woska89

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
OK....as of the pic, you have gone nearly 7 hours and have used only 24% of your battery. The battery usage graphs is just showing of the 24% used, most of it was used by the Android system. The next most is the screen. I take it you don't turn the phone on much. If that is true, the system being idle is going to drain the battery. It will adjust if you use your phone for something. Play a game for about 20 minutes and the resource list will change.

Is it normal though for the Android System to reach up to 50% when the phone is idle?
because i believe i could get more battery life out of my phone if the Android System wasnt so high. (normally get around 18 - 25 hrs.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal though for the Android System to reach up to 50% when the phone is idle?
because i believe i could get more battery life out of my phone if the Android System wasnt so high. (normally get around 18 - 25 hrs.)

Your battery life is already outstanding. As of this writing, I have gone 3 hours, 13 minutes and 17 seconds on battery and I am down to 77%. And I am a light user of my device. There are some users who go though the entire battery twice in the course of a day.

The system is always running, so therefore, always taking power. Since you leave the phone alone so much, the battery summary is saying that of the drains that the system sees most of it is from the Android system. So to answer your question, 50% of the charge to the System would see about right.

woska89

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
thnxs. since i had a problem with my phone before with Android System draining my battery to 6 hrs max without using it, i thought it was doing the same thing in a slower pace this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tharika1234