Samsung Galaxy S3 Go SMS Pro WiFi Problems

RollWithTallCans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I recently download Go SMS Pro for its ability to send and receive group texts and I really it. Seems easy to use and it looks clean, all that. The only thing I'm having trouble with is transmitting MMS when I am on WiFi. If I am to receive an MMS (group text, photo, whatever) it tells me it is unable to download at this time try again later (or something along those lines) but it never downloads. I have to manually turn my WiFi off, switch back to network data and click to download it again and it goes through. Also when I try to send MMS while on WiFi it does not send out. Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug on their part?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe that you have to have mobile data on to send an MMS. Unless your carrier supports MMS over WiFi( I am not sure so don't quote me on that).

Mintymouse

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been dealing with the same thing too, and it would be great if I could send MMS while using WiFi-Calling (T-Mobile). Apparently Samsung offered a fix that allowed the stock messaging app to send MMS over wifi. I don't have the link, but the fix was mentioned over at XDA. I haven't tested it myself, but I've read that it's successful so it must be possible. However I don't believe GoSMS Pro has firxed the problem. The latest version of GoSMS Pro has an option for you to send them diagnostic results, so they may possibly repair the issue in the future.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
MMS is set by the Carrier not Samsung. MMS has always used Data not Wi-Fi. This is why all carriers have a file size limit on MMS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf