Samsung Galaxy S4 Stolen - wipe out

Giu Rcchia

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone has been stolen. I have tried to wipe out the files the entire day without success. Sometimes i see that the phone is connected but the wipe out fails. Moreover, you need to renew the request every hour, which is vey annoying.

That's very bad...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What are you using to wipe it? Google's service or Samsung's? In either case, the option had to be active in your phone to let the service do that. I personally have tested both and they've worked. Granted, I had better luck with Samsung's solution.

I'm really sorry about your phone and hope you're all right and have some sort of insurance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Google pushed out a 'Find my Phone' clone a few weeks ago. You could go into your Google Account from a Web Browser and find your phone and remotely wipe it. However, this required the option to be enabled FIRST in your phone's settings. You could give it a try though, it can't hurt.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
As you've been told, you have to give an app permission under Security -> Device Administrators to remote wipe your phone. If you have not gone through and set this up, nothing is going to be able to remotely wipe your phone and most cannot remotely change your lock settings either. Plan B was the only after-loss solution, but it only works with Android 2.3 and below.

Your only options are to report your device stolen to your provider and if you have a few friends and feel bold, use the GPS tracking while it still works to find it.

AndroKai

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I am new here and I joined this group because my husband's Samsung Galaxy S4 its been stolen. We had some persons living in my house for a month from Spain and my husband had it the "Find my phone" from before and now, we are receiving messages that the phone its in Spain. So we are very sure that were they who stole it. What to do in this situation? If its better to wait a little more that they try to change the SIMcard and that to can follow where exactly they are? Also, we have a contract for one year with the company Telenor (we live in Norway) and the rules say that its not possible to use other company for one year. My husbands has insurance and he had it locked with a password his mobile like Security thats why we are receiving mails that somebody its try to open it. Some advice please??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon