Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Drain and High Cpu Usage?!?

ch0c0pud

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok... I'm getting kind of annoyed of my phone at the moment. It would've been a nice phone to use if it weren't for the stupid battery going down 1% every minute. Anyway, my phone has been reading high cpu usage even when I'm not running any applications. What was very strange was whenever I opened up the "usage timeline" app (downloaded from Google play store), it shows that all my system apps use 100% cpu usage, then after about 3 seconds all the stats die down to: 0% cpu usage for all system apps. I don't know if my phone is bugging out or something, or if this has to do with an app I've downloaded from the play store. I'll post some screenshot of my phone to help answer this issue. If you have the time to help me with this battery drainage issue, feel free to leave a comment.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The 100% usage is probably the timeline app opening.

2) Try SystemPanelLite to see what's running that doesn't show in open apps. You can end tasks in there if Flipboard or something that shouldn't be running is.

3) Boot into recovery (Volume UP+Home+Power - wait for the little blue text in the upper-left corner of the screen) and wipe system cache (DO NOT do a factory reset! That's a last resort, and you back up everything first, because you lose anything you've added to the phone - pictures, your Google account [the account stays, the phone loses the login and password], everything..)