Samsung Galaxy S5 - Photographs saved direct to SD card are not visible

A

AC Question

I've just added a 64gb micro SD card to my Samsung galaxy S5, as I need to store a lot of photographs for my business, and the built-in memory was fast filling up. I set the camera to save directly to the SD card, but these photos are not visible in my Gallery - they just show a grey box with a landscape icon and a memory card icon. But, if I change the save location back to the phone's memory, they are visible within the Gallery.

Does anyone else have experience of this problem, and/or suggestions for a possible fix?

Thank you

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've just added a 64gb micro SD card to my Samsung galaxy S5, as I need to store a lot of photographs for my business, and the built-in memory was fast filling up. I set the camera to save directly to the SD card, but these photos are not visible in my Gallery - they just show a grey box with a landscape icon and a memory card icon. But, if I change the save location back to the phone's memory, they are visible within the Gallery.

Does anyone else have experience of this problem, and/or suggestions for a possible fix?

Thank you

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you format the card with the phone before you started using it?