Samsung Galaxy S6 back/battery swelling

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought the phone with cracked lcd a while back for cheap with intention on fixing up and using until I saw how much a new screen costed at the time. Anywhere it's just been sitting on my drawer for the past year and hasn't been used at all. I recently opened the box up and notice it appears like the back is swelling. Has anybody else had this happen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A swollen battery is a failing battery, with potential for leaking or exploding. Dispose of it immediately (and safely).

PW_Irvine

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that could cause the back of an S6 to "swell" is a damaged Li-ion battery. Damaged Li-ion batteries can easily rupture and catch fire. You're lucky that this "bargain" S6 didn't burn your home down. Dispose of it at once by taking it to a hazardous waste facility and place it, or request that it be placed, in a fireproof container. Any reputable repair technician will refuse to work on any device with a damaged Li-ion battery. Don't try to repair it yourself!

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. It's shocking to me because I did receive the phone like that and ive never even charged it. It's just been sitting in my drawer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmblalock86