Samsung Galaxy S7 experiencing calling issues

jose1826

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Recently, my previous smartphone broke, so I purchased a Samsung Galaxy s7. I have had the phone for about a week and have been experiencing some issues already. One being that people call me, and the phone sends those people to voicemail after two-rings at times. Another being that people can hear me while talking, but I can't hear them (this also happens at times), and most recently my phone wouldn't connect to data until I restarted it. I still have warranty on the phone, but I was wondering if I can fix it? My provider is T-Mobile, and I use Wifi calling because my reception is not all that great where I attend school. The first two issues seem reasonable given this information but was not the case with my previous phone, HTC one M8

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried updating the APN settings to make sure you have the proper voice/data settings for T-Mobile? I would start there. Also, the issue of the phone directing to voicemail immediately may be a result of poor coverage.

jose1826

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Alright , I finished updating the APN settings just now using the page I have linked below as guidance; however, the phone already had those settings. I used the new settings that I updated, just noticed the previous one being the exact same. As for the poor coverage, I thought that was the reason, but that does not seem very viable since my HTC one M8 didn't do that and that also does not explain why others can hear me, but I can't hear them unless its some weird situation where I am allowed to have outgoing data for no incoming data through wifi???

btw: I appreciate the assistance!!
Link: Samsung Galaxy S7 APN Settings Release date & Specs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yura32