Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 app rotation

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

1/2 of the apps that were loaded on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 do not rotate and stay the profile position. The icon for the rotation of the tablet shows on, but still these apps do not rotates to a landscape position.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Phil

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately not all apps support rotation. Instagram, for instance, always wants to display in portrait mode. Some apps will only support rotation to one side (tablet bottom down) and not flipped. That's not a tablet issue, it's an app issue. There are 3rd party apps that can help force rotation on unsupported apps, but some might act/look weird when forced to rotate

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called Rotation Control Pro, which works well. That app solves the problem for me, but I'm surprised the built-in Android auto rotate function does not provide an option to force rotation.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I use an app called Rotation Control Pro, which works well. That app solves the problem for me, but I'm surprised the built-in Android auto rotate function does not provide an option to force rotation.

Rotation Control Pro is a good app. There are quite a few rotation apps in the Play Store.

I also really like the open source Tap 'n' Turn on Fdroid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chinoTopOpp