Samsung GT-N8000 (2012 Edition) having veey abnormal battery issues

AndroidFan128

May 19, 2018
Visit site
So my friend's tablet (mentioned in title) is having veey wierd battery issues.

NOTE : Ignore my sent messages, focus on "Skit"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190601-185605.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-185605.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20190601-185613.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-185613.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd diagnose a bad battery (the amazing thing is that a battery that's been that badly treated [bringing it down to 0% or 1%] has lasted 7 years).

Tell him to have the battery replaced, and start getting in the havit of charging it when it drops to 40% - he won't be as lucky with the next battery.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Time for a new battery, but I'd also consider replacing the tablet itself. I'm sure it's suffering from other performance issues as well due to its age, and it is no longer getting security updates.

AndroidFan128

May 19, 2018
Visit site
I'd diagnose a bad battery (the amazing thing is that a battery that's been that badly treated [bringing it down to 0% or 1%] has lasted 7 years).

Tell him to have the battery replaced, and start getting in the havit of charging it when it drops to 40% - he won't be as lucky with the next battery.

She did get the battery checked, "and replaced twice it but it still shows the issue. I know it's pretty old, but she can't get a new device :(

Last edited:

AndroidFan128

May 19, 2018
Visit site
Time for a new battery, but I'd also consider replacing the tablet itself. I'm sure it's suffering from other performance issues as well due to its age, and it is no longer getting security updates.

Sad though she can't get a new device. The tablet was also "checked" and the battery was replaced twice by a repairguy, but the issue is still present.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
She did get the battery checked, "fixed" it but it still shows the issue. I know it's pretty old, but she can't get a new device :(

What did she mean that the battery was "fixed"? It sounds like it has to be replaced, but even then, there could still be a problem, since any replacement battery for such an old device has also been sitting around on a shelf for a long time, and could therefore also be halfway (or mostly) dead.

AndroidFan128

May 19, 2018
Visit site
What did she mean that the battery was "fixed"? It sounds like it has to be replaced, but even then, there could still be a problem, since any replacement battery for such an old device has also been sitting around on a shelf for a long time, and could therefore also be halfway (or mostly) dead.

UPDATE : Yeah she said the battery was replaced TWICE. Could there be a possible workaround about this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to make sure it's not due to some 3rd party app, see if the problem happens in Safe Mode as well: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28805

Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is to keep trying new batteries until you find one that isn't completely deteriorated -- but by that time, she would've spent more money on trying to fix this tablet than it would cost to get a decent replacement tablet!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure it's not due to some 3rd party app, see if the problem happens in Safe Mode as well: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28805

Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is to keep trying new batteries until you find one that isn't completely deteriorated -- but by that time, she would've spent more money on trying to fix this tablet than it would cost to get a decent replacement tablet!
Agreed. Batteries deteriorate over time, even if just sitting on a warehouse shelf. It's pretty much certain that no one is still making batteries for this tablet, any "new" battery out there is likely done for already.

There is no work around for a bad battery in a case like this, unless you count leaving the tablet plugged in all the time.