Samsung Moment vs. HTC Hero which fast drain battery?

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
i havent experienced the moment but at first i was considering returning my hero because of the horrible battery life. i gave it another week and now i am glad i kept it. the battery is lasting much longer than it did intially. i don't even use any type of task manager to kill apps that start on their own in the background. i do however use handcent sms. i'm not sure if that helps or the battery just needed time to condition. either way, the battery has really improved for me.

Last edited:

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I've been using the Hero for the last 3 weeks and I just picked up the Moment to compare it to. Over 2 days with the Moment the battery life seems much better than the Hero, even when the Hero is going to sleep properly. By the end of the day (7-8pm) my Hero is usually in the orange and for the past two days I've had around 40% with the Moment.

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Here's a little update. I've been using the Moment for a solid week now and my battery life has gone down hill. Its the worst when playing .mp3's as it only last 2-3 hours before its in the orange, and thats from a full charge. But then it'll stay at 15% for 3-4 hours before it tells me I need to charge it immediately. I desperately want my Hero back.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Mine was draing rather quickly also and I don't play any music, but I do use the browser a bit and some texting. within a few hours (maybe four) battery was down to 15%. Tech support says it is the battery, so I went to Sprint Store and they gave me a new battery and so far it seems to have made some difference, but I haven't used the phone very much today since I have taken it off the charger.
I also been reading from other forums that it may be a software issue that reads the battery and may be just not reading the battery level accurately as others have said they too get down to 15% rather quickly also but can continue for several more hours before the phone actually shuts down, but even if it is a software/hardware issue the battery shouldn't run down to nothing that quickly so hopefully they will come out with an update to take care of the battery drain if that is what the problem is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110