Samsung pay points rant.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
So, since samsung pay removed visa debit i have been wondering why I should use it instead of android pay, as android pay is fairly well integrated.
They now have a one year limit on points, maximum of 12,000 as we are limited to 50 purchases for points a month. After one year they go away.
So after quick math, if you want to purchase something on the Samsung store you are maxed at 12,000 points, roughly $60 to purchase. Anything worth purchasing is more than that.
For instance, a new note 8 is 237,500 points. No where close to be able to purchase with points. BUT WAIT!!! We can buy points :) 10,000 for $50. Quick math, thats $1,150 you have to spend. Add in the 12,000 points you saved, Thats $1,100 you would have to spend to get the Note 8 with points.

If you wanted to just save up if Samsung pay points did not expire in a year, it would take 19.8 years to save for the note 8.

I still like their deals they have on gift cards, lots are 10% off, but we can't use points on them. And I like MST, but many places are moving to NFC.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well you have choices. But something is better than nothing. Use android pay and there is nothing to gain at all except using the app. Use Samsung pay you get points. They may not be what they were. But their free. And you can get something. Not like it costs you money to use Samsung pay. It's not a subscription service.

In the end use what you like. But you cant really trash Samsung pay for its rewards system when no one else offers anything even close. And it's free.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I can. Samsung pay used to be a great bonus for spending the money on Samsungs top end phone, yeah, we get points for free, but not really. We have to buy the best Samsung phones out there, and a couple of watches. Mid range phones, nope. So if you want to have Samsung pay you cannot buy a mid range phone, not even for just nfc. Meanwhile nearly every other Android mid range phone allows nfc pay, and some budget devices.
10,000 points for the silicon N9 case, $40 through Samsung, $30 at Amazon. Or two hours of work. But it still would take nearly a year to even save the points. We can use it on coupons at Samsung.com, or we can buy it cheaper at other stores even with the coupon.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm still confused apparently. Google pay gives you nothing. There are plenty of options out there that's what's great about android. Hope you find what works for you.

But I still think you dont have a argument. It's a free rewards system. A rewards system no one else offers. If you bought a pixel when it came out you would spend almost as much as the note 9 and only get Google pay and get no rewards. Yes there are cheap phones with NFC. Grab one if you chose. Plenty of options.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
the point being, if you actually WANT to use the points on anything relevant you actually will pay MORE to buy what you want. It actually costs you money to use the points, more than you would spend if you just bought it from Amazon, or Walmart or bestbuy.

so unless you use points to win something, or use Samsung pay store to buy gift cards, Lowe's is 10% off right now (can't use points on gift cards) or you spend like crazy to max out the monthly points you are losing money to use points.

not that I will stop using Samsung pay, mst is awesome.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
they had a Visa debit rewards card you could buy with points $5, 10, 20, 50.

not your personal Visa card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24Shades