Samsung pay reseting on Gear S3

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Good morning all. So this has happened 3 times now. When I first got the watch about 3 weeks ago I set up Samsung pay and all was good. Then, 2 weeks later I went to pay and it pulled up steps on how to use it, just like when it was new. I had to go through and add my cards back in again. Well this happened 3 times, with the most recent time, this morning (2/1/17). What could cause this to happen?

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Good morning all. So this has happened 3 times now. When I first got the watch about 3 weeks ago I set up Samsung pay and all was good. Then, 2 weeks later I went to pay and it pulled up steps on how to use it, just like when it was new. I had to go through and add my cards back in again. Well this happened 3 times, with the most recent time, this morning (2/1/17). What could cause this to happen?

Did you update Samsung Pay after you initially added your card? Please see the following thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ps-disappearing-after-i-call-verify-card.html

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site

I had this problem as well. I would put in all of the information and then call to verify my card. When I would call they asked me for my name, the name of my bank, and a recent transaction. When I gave them the information they wanted they said I was all set and I can start using Samsung Pay. As soon as I hung up the phone my card would disappear or it would get stuck on the verify card screen and I would have to start all over again. This happened to me about 20 times until finally I just gave up. What I ended up doing was I took the watch back to my carrier (AT&T) to see if there was anything they could do as I was having other problems with the watch as well. Nobody at the store could figure it out. They called tech support and even tech support couldn't figure it out. The guy at AT&T said tech support would call me within 5 days with a solution. They never called me within the 5 days so I called tech support. The woman on the phone told me to take the watch back to AT&T and exchange it for a new one. I went back to AT&T and told them what the woman told me so that's what they did. They took my old watch and told me they would call me when the new watch came in. They called me a few days later and I went and picked up the new watch and now it's working better than the other one. I tried to add my card to Samsung Pay and I put in all of my information and I called to verify my card. When I hung up the phone my watch made a noise and my card didn't disappear and there was no verify card screen. I only had to do it once and it was successful. Like me, I think you might have a defective watch. I would suggest taking the watch back and exchanging it for a new one like I did.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, mine isn't an LTE version, just WiFi. I never had any issues with loading it on, it would work fine, for 1 to 2 weeks, then I would go to use it and bam, no Samsung pay on my watch. It's been OK for the last week but if it does it again, I will call someone.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue as the OP. The verification works fine. I had 2 cards on the watch. 3 different times I have had to re-verify and add the cards, 3 different days. Each time, I would go to the self help cash register and hit the back button only for the intro screen to pop up to add a card. I'm a little frustrated now. I stopped adding cards because every time I have to call the bank and it just bugs me. Waiting for a real fix before I add them again.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue as the OP. The verification works fine. I had 2 cards on the watch. 3 different times I have had to re-verify and add the cards, 3 different days. Each time, I would go to the self help cash register and hit the back button only for the intro screen to pop up to add a card. I'm a little frustrated now. I stopped adding cards because every time I have to call the bank and it just bugs me. Waiting for a real fix before I add them again.

The only time my card disappeared from my watch was when I turned off the watch's 4 digit pass code.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site

I would exchange it for a new one if I were you. I had the same problem you did and the only real fix they offered me was to exchange it for a new one. That's what I did and my watch is working a lot better than the original one.

Redflea

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me on my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) no less than three times, twice after an update to Samsung pay, and once on my watch, no S Pay SW update, just launched it a day or so after setting it up and I was back in the "Welcome to Samsung Pay!" flow. <grrrrr> There are clearly problems w/the Samsung pay app that Samsung is still working out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110