Samsung s4 not functioning after being dropped in the toilet

Sonyaddd

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok so a few days ago my samsung s4 fell into the toilet. It was still on when I took it out of the water then it turned off but first a screen appeared which said something about either the SD or sim card. I have dried my phone completely and it is not water damaged but every time I press the on button it buzzes, then the samsung screen appears and then it turns off again. This happens over and over again until I take the battery out. So basically my phone is not working and I am stuck on what to do. Please help!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There could be internal water damage. You can try to put it in a box of rice for a few days, some people have had luck.

If you have phone insurance then it should be be covered though you may have to pay a deductible

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Lee Davies2

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Look on YouTube how to completely dissemble s4 believe it or not it's easy as 1,2 3 only hard part for me were the screw's. There is a connection which connects the screen to the motherboard. First time I put phone back together I did not put this on properly thus getting exact problem you have. Could be water in connection

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urdarlingisdead