Samsung S8 Stuck On Reset Loop

MisterNeko

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello, i have tried downgrading my Samsung s8 in odin, It allowed me to do it and once it had finished it gave me a message saying that Verification Failed "unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to default settings. This will erase all your data" with a reset button.
I press it and it gets stuck in a "turn on -> Erasing -> reboot" loop and i cant access recovery mode?? I really need help.

Kind Regards,
Hugo

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
If you can factory reset, I'd do it. Hold down volume up, the Bixby button and the power button to access the menu. From there scroll down the the factory reset option and click the power button.

I hope someone has a better option.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you get back into download mode? If you can, check what you flashed it with - it has to be for your variant of the S8, for your country, for your carrier. (For example, if you flash an SM-G955UZSATMB with SM-G955UZKASPR firmware, it won't work. They're both S8s, but the first one is TMobile, the second one is Sprint.)

Then, once you're sure you have the right firmware (I'm not saying that you didn't), and you make sure it downloaded properly (get an MD5/SHA program [google it, they're all over the web - for free], so you can check the hash of the file with what it's supposed to be), use Odin and flash it again.

Downgrading means that you flashed an entire ROM, you didn't just modify the ROM to a lower version the way you do when you upgrade, so all your data is already gone. (ROM images don't come with your data, they come with what the phone had in it when it was new.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63