Samsung S9+ Screen went green and black just after installing system update on June 30, 2019

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have purchased GalaxyS9+ on 17th March 2018
i have used this for the past 15 months without any problem even without a sctach on the body and not even a fall. i have installed system update on 30th June 2019 and after restarting it start flickering and its brightness goes on increasing and decreasing. Within 3 hours after installing system update screen went blank. I have deposited the phone the very next day on 02nd July 2019 at Samsung authorized service center 0004257411--MOBILE LAB at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. the same day itself the service centre personnel informed me that the display is damaged and it will cost Rs.17000/-. I have informed them that the phone screen went green and black only after installing software update. they asked me to wait for 7 working days. nothing happened and i called back them on 11 th July 2019 and they didnt even raised this issue to higher officials. so i have made a call to toll free number and registered my complaint. Nothing happened so far.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess it’s possible that the screen trouble was no more than coincidental with the update, but I’ll move this to S9, where other users may have insights.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was it an official system update that was pushed over the air, or did you download the update file from some website and install it manually?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere