News Samsung SmartThings update lets you share routines and more

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, once my washing machine can grab my clothes, separate them out, load them up, and start the wash, then transfer the load to the dryer and dry accordingly, with a touch of my phone while I'm sitting on the couch... then SmartThings might actually be worth using.

Until then, if you still have to get up and walk to any appliance to do... anything... then what's the point?

Air conditioning related controls and maybe even the robot vacuums, I can see a use for being "connected" to a phone. But not any appliance.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Okay, once my washing machine can grab my clothes, separate them out, load them up, and start the wash, then transfer the load to the dryer and dry accordingly, with a touch of my phone while I'm sitting on the couch... then SmartThings might actually be worth using.

Until then, if you still have to get up and walk to any appliance to do... anything... then what's the point?

Air conditioning related controls and maybe even the robot vacuums, I can see a use for being "connected" to a phone. But not any appliance.
I'm the same. When my coffee maker can refill itself, grab my cup, fix it the way I like it, grab me a bagel with cream cheese then clean up after, why would I need a "smart" coffee maker? Just a solution looking for a problem as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTAC