Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Cannot use headphone button

Faiz Sufrikhan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I'm messing it up.
I have a Samsung Tab 3 10.1 which is running the default Android 4.1.2 (Atleast I think its the default, I haven't changed it atleast)
I also have one of those earpieces with an inline mic and a button which you can use to control music and answer calls that came with my old phone (A sony arc S)
When I plug it into the tablet, it detects it as earphones, but the button and possibly the mic doesn't seem to work. I tried using apps like Soundabout to no avail.

Is there a way to get that button to work? Since I don't really want to use a Bluetooth headset(I tend to forget to charge stuff)
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, various companies use slightly different configurations for their multifunction headphones, so a set that is compatible with one device is not necessarily fully compatible with a different brand. This is most noticeable with iPod-compatible headphones, but apparently Samsung also uses a slightly different configuration than other manufacturers.

Faiz Sufrikhan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, various companies use slightly different configurations for their multifunction headphones, so a set that is compatible with one device is not necessarily fully compatible with a different brand. This is most noticeable with iPod-compatible headphones, but apparently Samsung also uses a slightly different configuration than other manufacturers.
Ah, does this mean that wired headphones out there that works with this tablet exists?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload05