Question Samsung Tab E

Litch

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Tab E Version 8.5 began giving me pop ups yesterday that say (ie - Chrome has stopped. You can restart app or send feedback) neither of which works. Effects my kids game playing. I have been told this is a Google problem not a Samsung problem. Help please.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, make sure the Chrome app is up to date in the Play Store. If it is, then go to Settings>Apps, select Chrome, then Storage, and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data. Now see if the problem persists.

Litch

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
First, make sure the Chrome app is up to date in the Play Store. If it is, then go to Settings>Apps, select Chrome, then Storage, and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data. Now see if the problem persists.
I did, nothing. When I try to open the app in the play store, it pops up that chrome has stopped with the options of restart app or send feedback.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by opening the app in the Play Store. Do you mean that you can't even open the Play Store app because you get that error? Are you certain you're opening the Play Store app, rather than trying to go to the Play Store website using the browser?

What's the exact model number of the tablet? You can find it in Settings>About Tablet.

Litch

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by opening the app in the Play Store. Do you mean that you can't even open the Play Store app because you get that error? Are you certain you're opening the Play Store app, rather than trying to go to the Play Store website using the browser?

What's the exact model number of the tablet? You can find it in Settings>About Tablet.
I apologize for the confusion.
It is model SAMSUNG_SM_T377A
I went on the play store app and the last update for Chrome was 5/16/23 with no new updates available.
When I try to use Google search, I get a pop up as well that says Google has stopped, restart app or send feedback. Neither of those work. :confused:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I apologize for the confusion.
It is model SAMSUNG_SM_T377A
I went on the play store app and the last update for Chrome was 5/16/23 with no new updates available.
When I try to use Google search, I get a pop up as well that says Google has stopped, restart app or send feedback. Neither of those work. :confused:
Try clearing data of chrome

To do that long press chrome >tap info>storage>clear data under manage data then back out one and Force stop it .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok in that same steps upper right corner tap 3 dots uninstall the update
6ba4fda32e28fdd0aaeda843e08c7fce.jpg

Litch

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing data of chrome

To do that long press chrome >tap info>storage>clear data under manage data then back out one and Force stop it .
I have done this, still having this problem.

Do I need to uninstall Chrome and re-install it or do I need to factory reset my tablet, or is it just too old to keep up with the current software?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Contact Google under developer for chrome in play store which is Google let them be aware of this and what Android version your on , also be careful with sensitive data on your device because of your outdated Android version it more of a risk to vulnerabilities.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Then check back in Play store if a update for a fix is available, to do that you would need to write down or screenshot the version of chrome that was giving a problem and see if next version has a different usually higher number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol