Samsung Tablet in chinese and no google apps after factory reset

Poodgeheid

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi, getting so frustrated with this and cant find any answers, hope someone can help :)

basically i ended up factory resetting my samsung galaxy tab E, After resetting it seems to have came back in chinese with no google apps on it. Instead of google apps i have something called Weibo, and Baidu map, both of which appear to be chinese apps.

i've gone into language and input and changed the language to english which has helped a bit, but still some parts come up in chinese like when using the internet. However the 'keyboards and input methods' is set to 'default. chinese input - samsung chinese IME'. i've tried clicking on this to change it to english but the only option is chinese input. :(

I've also tried going on to the internet and downloading all my google apps such as playstore etc, however once they install and i click on them the screen sort of flashes and nothing loads at all, i cant open any google apps which is making the tablet pretty unusable for what i need it for.

any help would be much appreciated on both issues, the most important one would be finding a fix to the google issues, willing to try anything to fix it!

thanks in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You might have a Chinese knockoff/clone. If you go to Settings>About Tablet​, what model number does it say there?

Poodgeheid

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply :)

the model number is SM-T560.

the tablet was purchased from an Asda in Edinburgh in march 2016.

I had actually rooted the tablet and then unrooted it again. could this be the problem? the model number was the same when i looked up how to root the device as i followed instructions for that particular model. the chinese problems first appeared after unrooting it, so i was advised to factory reset it but it seems to have gotten worse now.

unfortunately it is my partners tablet and not mine so im worried i have messed it up, would really appreciate any help if possible please.

thank you :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still wonder if it might be a counterfeit device. The model number might be spoofed. Install CPU-Z and see what kind of processor it identifies, and cross reference that with the official specs for your Tab E -- from what I can tell, that model number is supposed to have a Spreadtrum SC7730SE SoC. Knockoffs often use cheap MediaTek processors.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz