Samsung Tectiles

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what the cost of the stickers will be? If they are reasonable this will be pretty awesome

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I work for vzw. If I'm correct they were less than 15 for a pack of 4 or 5 I believe. Ill get back to you when I get back to work to verify

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey, kinda like webOS with the touchstone chargers.

I have to think the stickers are little more than the RFID tags you cut out of your pair of jeans after you buy them.

I agree, why have these not been mentioned yet?

I could see putting one of those on my office desk to make the phone jump on the office wifi, sync to my BT headphones (which I leave at work) and open up TuneIn Radio Pro!

-Suntan

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice find! Never heard of it before. Looks like we have another one of those things that gives it the extra boost that in my opinion puts it over the One X. Nice. Hope its patented, would hate to see someone copy it.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what the cost of the stickers will be? If they are reasonable this will be pretty awesome

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
I would pay whatever the cost ... That is sick

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I remember another android phone did this recently, I wanna say it was a Sony? I cant remember. I just remember two of them came with the phone.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
iirc there was a way to change "profiles"(?) on the phone so that you could use different settings for work, home, car etc...without the use of the nfc chip sticker. I think its a profile setting, but I may have the wrong name for it

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool feature, but now that I think about it, Im not really sure what I'll use it for. And I;m sure the chips will sell for cheap on ebay eventually, saying that they can be reused up to 100,00 times.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
What could I use these for that Tasker doesn't do? In the morning, it turns on my bluetooth. Once it connects to my car, it goes into car mode. I also have work/home profiles based on day/time.

I like the idea of these, but am struggling to find a use.

1 possible thing I could see is if I could put one in my fridge where we store milk. If low, I could scan and it would add milk to a list?

I want to have use for this, as I'm a huge techie, but Tasker pretty much handles all my automation and profiles

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What could I use these for that Tasker doesn't do? In the morning, it turns on my bluetooth. Once it connects to my car, it goes into car mode. I also have work/home profiles based on day/time.

I like the idea of these, but am struggling to find a use.

1 possible thing I could see is if I could put one in my fridge where we store milk. If low, I could scan and it would add milk to a list?

I want to have use for this, as I'm a huge techie, but Tasker pretty much handles all my automation and profiles

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, it's basically tasker, but you have more direct control over changes at any given time.

-Suntan

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice!

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Now I love this phone even more!

I wanted something that would turn on my wifi when I got home and turn it off when I left. In a perfect world I would love to be able to just walk into my room and have it start charging the phone.

But I love that I can just tap this and have it turn wifi on/off or whatever without having to take the phone out, unlock, hit the button, etc.

Loving this phone!

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Uses i can think of right away:

-Put one on my desk at work to activate silent/vibrate mode, turn on wifi
-Put one in my car for card mode or activate GPS
-Put one near my bed for silent/sleep/alarm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads